Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Help me Digital World . . .

I want to organize a crowd sourcing venture. The problem is I feel like the crowd is walking all around me and no one is stopping to listen. So here's my ideas and the problems that I can see. I need your help to fix it.

The internet is the problem and the solution. There is too much information for any one person to read it all. We need a open public interface (that may be the wrong word) where students can do social bookmarking for important sites, and chat rooms to discuss topics, and links to really important topics affecting our society right now.

I was in a lecture today where Dr. R. Chad Swanson spoke of the systems change needed in global health. I want to find an way to connect with more people like Dr. Swanson and make a net to capture the really good information on the internet. We need a place to store filtered information (like Diigo). We are creating something bigger than ourselves.

What are the proven methods for social discovery? I need your criticism and your comments to focus my thinking. All benevolent Digitites, I'm calling for you. . . please?

2 comments:

  1. They are ideas like that which spawn the next great innovative tool. I couldn't agree more, and I could see how it could do great things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very pleased to hear you reaching out in this way. "The internet is the problem and the solution" -- so true! I plan to discuss social discovery (as well as crowd sourcing specifically) in a post on the DigiCiv blog.

    ReplyDelete